A very simple evening snack prepared in very less time! Noodles rich in vegatables are always loved.
- Noodles- as required
- Onion- 1 small, thinly sliced
- Capsicum- 1 thinly sliced
- Carrot- chopped into small pieces-1/2 cup
- Bean- chopped into small pieces- 1/2 cup
- Oil- 1tablespoon
- Soya sauce- 1/2 tablespoon
- Chilli sauce- 2 teaspoon
- Vinegar- 1/2 tablespoon
- Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon, as required
- Water- to cook noodles.
- Cook noodles in enough water, rinse in cold water,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan , add the onions and saute till soft
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute for another 2-3 mins.
- Add cooked noodles and mix well.
- Add the sauces, vinegar , salt, pepper powder and mix well.
- Remove form fire and serve hot
Enjoy the vegetable chowmein with some tomato sauce!
Back to my cooking world after a short break of 3 months of resting! Glad to be here again.
A spicy egg curry goes well with rice and chapathis…Made in fried coconut and potatoes enriches the flavor
- Egg- 4, hard boiled and unshelled
- Potatoes- 2 large, cut into chunks
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Onion- 1 large,sliced
- Tomato- 1 big
- Green chillies- 2,slit
- Garlic- 4 pods
- Dried red chillies- 2
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Chilli powder- 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder-1 tablespoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric-1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon.
- Curry leaves
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan
- Add grated coconut, 1/2 of the sliced onion, cut ginger,garlic,red chillies,curry leaves
- Stir continuously in low flame till these turn brown.
- Make sure they don’t get burned.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon chilli powder,coriander powder,pepper powder. Stir well for a min.
- Take out from flame and allow to cool.
- Grind them to a very fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the sliced onions
- When they turn golden brown add the chopped tomatoes,green chillies, potato.
- Add the remaining chilli powder,turmeric powder,salt.
- Stir well in low flame till the potatoes are cooked well.
- Make slits in the boiled eggs and add them .
- Add the ground paste, one cup water , stir well(Test for salt and spice and add more if required)
- Cover and cook for another 10 mins adding curry leaves.
- Remove from fire and serve!
Serve hot. Don’t minds if the potatoes get a bit mashes up! It certainly adds more flavor and thickness to gravy!
A very simple and yummy payasam, made it today and my hubby like it a lot.
- Choco corn flakes- 1 cup
- Milk-2 cups
- Sugar- 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom- 2 pods, crushed
- Ghee-1 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashews, Raisins- for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute the choco corn flakes for a while.
- Cool them and grind coarsely, do not grind very fine
- Boil Milk and add the sugar and stir continuously
- Add the crushed cardamom, coarsely ground corn flakes to the milk sugar mix and stir continuously
- Keep stirring on medium flame till the milk attains payasam consistency
- Meanwhile roast cashews and raisins in a lil ghee and keep aside
- Remove from fire, move onto serving bowls, toss in cashews and raisins, refrigerate and serve!
Enjoy the corn flakes payasam! We loved it for a change!
Looking for something?
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!
A few highly recommended websites...